29 January 2014

LIEBSTER AWARD

I woke up this morning and checked my emails like i normally do, only to find a message from the lovely Chelsea over at Sea Of Ivy letting me know she had nominated me for a Liebster Award. What a fabulous way to wake up, eh? Only having a handful of followers and thinking nobody even knew about my blog this is such a huge honour and I'm so grateful. The award is given to new up and coming bloggers with 200 (i believe) follower or less. 

So creative, haha.. 

There are some rules to be followed with this awards and these are-: 

1. Post about the Liebster award and thank the blogger who nominated you.

2. Write 11 facts about yourself.

3. Answer 11 questions created by the blogger who nominated you.


4. Nominate 11 other bloggers with around 200 followers or less as the aim is to help people connect 

with more blogs (and get even more followers).

5. Write 11 new questions for your nominees.


11 Facts About Me


1. I love the beach, i live on the South Coast in the UK and you can find me down there pretty much every day when it gets a bit warmer.
2. Im studying Art & Design at the Arts University in Bournemouth.
3. I have an obsession with buying lib balms.
4. I hate wasting money on food.
5. I run an art blog, where i post all my free time work, GCSE work and college work. I also give advice.
6. Im new to the beauty scene and have very little makeup, but far too many mascaras.
7. I love fashion but have no style, one day i rock a dress, ballet shoes and cardigan, the next day i rock up in biker boots and a leather jacket. It varies.
8. I have a hamster called Hammy and she is giant.
9. I procrastinate. A lot.
10. My favourite colour is actually pink. Its just so girly and pretty!
11. Im terrible at thinking of facts about myself.


Chelsea's Questions For Me-:


What's the story behind your URL? I made a youtube for my art blog with the name "AnyaMayDesign" so thought it would be fitting to have a running theme through the names of my blogs. Anya is my first name, May is the month i was born and beauty is what this blog is about! Kinda..

Where in the world do you live? 
I live near Bournemouth, in Dorset on the South Coast of England.

Who are your top 5 favourite bloggers?

Gerry Leanne; of Floral and Freckled.
Kirstie of A Yellow Brick Blog.
Becky of Lipgloss and Lashes.
Maddy of Unstitched.
Kim of Kim Radley.

Beauty thing you absolutely suck at? Choosing the right shade of foundations if that counts? If not, probably winged eyeliner.

Any advice for new bloggers? (based on your experience) Just do what you love and if you enjoy it then the readers will find you!


Do you prefer savoury or sweet? I used to always love sweet things but I'm definitely more of a savoury girl now. Minus chocolate. Chocolate is always a winner.


Favorite thing about blogging? The freedom. You can post what you want, when you want. It doesn't have to be strict and monitored unless you make it that way.


Blog post you're most proud of? Probably my weekly updates, because i never thought i'd keep up with them


What are you listening to right now? Nothing, I'm sitting in my bedroom in silence, how boring! 

Who is your favourite fashion designer? I dont really follow fashion too much but my favourite designer is probably Marc Jacobs.

Most worn shoes? My flowery chelsea boots from New Look.

I nominate-:

WhatAbbyLoves
ThePerksOfMeg
ItsReneeAllen
TheFudgeCake
Natalie-Yasmin
BirchieBeauty
DaintyScribbles
KatieeMay
MissBeccaBeauty
FloralAndFreckled
BeautySpotxx

My questions for the nominees-:

1. How long have you been running your blog?
2. Whats your most treasured items?
3. Have you made any friends through blogging? 
4. Whats your most popular blog post? 
5. Do you have any pets?
6. What do you want to achieve from blogging/Why did you start this blog?
7. Whats your favourite beauty related item?
8. How do you like to spend your days off? 
9. Do you have any hobbies?
10. Whats your favourite item of clothing?
11. If you could dye your hair any colour right now what would it be? 

Have fun lovelies, hope you enjoy being nominated as much as i did!





5 comments:

  1. thanks for the nomination dear! :)

    -Renee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thankyou so much for the nomination that is so sweet! But I don't really get what I have to do now xxxx

    http://beautyspotxx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And sorry this is such a late reply I only just found your comment

      Delete
    2. It basically says under the picture in the rules what youre meant to do, if thats of any use!:) x

      Delete